BACHELORS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Civil engineers design, build, maintain and manage the construction of public and private facilities. Civil engineers manage both projects and people, taking an active hand in the construction of needed facilities. There are numerous advantages to becoming a civil engineer, not the least of which is a growing job market and competitive wages.
The 4 year B.TechCivil engineering program focuses on developing students and future engineers who can define and create the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc. The course activities embrace Planning, Design, Construction and Management. The students are taught with a knowledge of the principles of engineering and the theories of science that underlie them. The students also develop leadership quality and professional integrity, with a commitment to the societal needs and sustainable development.
- Our students function successfully in the fundamental areas of Civil Engineering, and within a specialty, such as structural, geotechnical or water resources engineering.
- Graduates are prepared for advanced education in Civil Engineering and related fields.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Scope of Employment
- Building Control Surveyor
- Building Services Engineer
- Engineering Geologist
- Quantity Surveyor
- Site Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Water Engineer
Major Recruiters of CE Branch
- Tata Steels
- Essar Constructions Limited
- Central Road Research Institute
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
- Hindustan Construction Company
- Central Water and Power Research Station
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Ltd.
- Earth Infrastructures
- Ansal Group of Construction
- J P Group of Construction
- Parshavnath Developers