BACHELORS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Mechanical Engineering is one of the major divisions within the profession and its principles are involved in the design, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems which technology has produced. Mechanical engineers are also concerned with the manufacture and operations of all kinds of machinery, and the production of power. They must conceive, research, design, develop, test, manufacture and sell equipment for these purposes.
B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) is a four year course, minimum eligibility for which is an intermediate (10+2).The objective of this course is to impart knowledge base and skill sets in the fields of Mechanical Engineering aptly fit for employment in almost every type of industry.
Student Outcomes from our Mechanical Engineering Programs
- Knowledge to create highly sophisticated machines for technical purposes.
- Knowledge to design, analyze, test, manufacture and operate mechanical systems.
- Knowledge to understand the operation of an internal combustion engine, and to make it efficient.
- Knowledge to design and prototype new products.
- Knowledge to learn to program CNC machines.
- Knowledge to use computer graphics to model new products and systems.
- Knowledge to learn how mechanical, electrical, thermal and fluid systems work together.
Scope of Employment
- In a wide range of exciting industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Bio-medical, Chemical, Computers, Electronics, Fossil and Nuclear Power, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Robotics and Textiles.
- In areas of research & development, design, testing and evaluation, manufacturing, operations and maintenance, marketing, sales and administration.
- In public sector units like Railways, ONGC, Indian Oil, ISRO, SAIL, NTPC, DDRO and IAF.