FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
FDP’s at VKP are conducted regularly. A FDP is designed to train and develop faculty in personal and professional areas. FDP’s are subject or field oriented.
The aim of FDP’s are:
- To sensitize faculty about new concepts in teaching and assessment techniques.
- To enhance their general awareness on contemporary issues related to their respective field of teaching i.e. management, technology, teaching and fashion designing.
- To develop knowledge and skills required for the performing the role of competent and effective teacher and mentor.
- To update their knowledge using modern information and research methodology tools.
- To assists faculty to acquire competency in communication and behavioral skills.
The programmes are conducted by trained and experienced resource person. The Session is entirely activity oriented, the issues are discussed in interactive session through lectures, discussions, case studies, games and simulated exercises.
Effective FDP helps faculties to face challenges ahead. While the training won’t completely prepare faculties for every issue they will face, it can help them feel more confident about many common problems that arise each day.
- Principals Workshop on Challenges of 21st Century Education
- FDP on Self Study Development
- Faculty Induction & Orientation Program on “ Accountability in Professional Teaching”
- Staff Development Program on “Research Issues on Data warehouse Design Methodologies.”
- Faculty Training on CAD-CAM on LECTRA SYSTEM
- Emerging rural markets
- Research Methodologies
- Case Study method of teaching