MASTERS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering is a two years Master degree course spanning over four semesters with the aim to provide an understanding of advanced concepts in Computer Science & Engineering with special focus on advanced software engineering methods being practiced and information and communication technologies in industries. Our M. Tech program involves application of specialized knowledge and skills to develop different kinds of large, complex software systems and the students will learn to evaluate a range of network technologies, systems and application services.
The curriculum is aimed to give theoretical and hands on in the areas of Advances in Operating Systems, Advances in DBMS, Computer Systems Performance Analysis, Formal Models in Computer Science, Advanced Algorithms, Advances in Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Optical Networks, Advances in VLSI in the first three semesters and a host of elective subjects like Advances in Digital Image Processing, Computer Graphics & Visualization, Topics in Artificial Intelligence, Protocols Engineering, Advances in Storage Area Networks, Advances in Compiler Design, Information Security etc.
Most challenging problems in industry and commerce are associated with software development with a set of best practices that can be used to develop better performing and more usable software.
Student Outcomes from our Computer Science & Engineering Program
- An ability to design a software or digital hardware system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental,social,political,ethical,health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Knowledge to analyze and design complex systems containing hardware and software components, as appropriate to Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures to implement software
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Knowledge of concepts of programming languages to design and develop web projects and software projects.
- Knowledge of computer organization and architecture to know the process of hardware installation and design.
- Knowledge of problem analysis and solution design.
- An ability to apply Mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer Science theory in modeling and design of Computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the trade offs involved in design choices.
Scope of Employment:
- Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies.
- Development Engineers, Technical Leaders and Managers.
- Consultants, Solution Developers and Entrepreneurs.
- Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Technology Providers.
- Designer, Tester, Analyst and Content Writer in IT-services companies.
- System/ Network Performance Analysts and Simulation / Evaluation Specials in IT companies.