BACHELORS IN ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Electricity has become a part and parcel of our life. The world has come to a stage where, almost everything that we use needs to be operated with electricity. From a small house to a large factory requires electricity to perform its day to day activities. Every other gadget needs electricity be it a water pump, iron box, microwave oven, a machine in a factory, TV, Space craft, life supporting systems in a hospital, a lamp, etc. Electronics and communication engineering deals mainly with the design and development of electronic circuits, equipments,machines & design, and development of communication equipment, which are required in our day to day life.
The 4 Year program in Electronics and Communication Engineering is taught by highly talented, qualified and competent faculty members in the areas of Digital Signal Processing, Active Circuits, Data Communications & Networking, Mobile and Wireless communications, High Speed Networks, Optical Networks and VLSI & Micro-electronics.
Aim of this course is to make students proficient in the following areas :
- Introduce the students to the idea of signal and system analysis and characterization
- Introduce communication, control, instrumentation, introduction to signals and systems
- Formalizing signals: energy and power signals, signal properties: periodicity, absolute inerrability, determinism and stochastic character
- Continuous time and discrete time Linear shift-invariant (LSI) systems
- The z-Transform for discrete time signals and systems
- Discrete-Time Fourier Transform (DTFT) and the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT)
- Knowledge to develop, installation, test and maintain communication systems.
- Knowledge to work on large computer networks.
- Knowledge to develop electronic devices for computer systems and others.
- Knowledge to architect device controlling programs.
- Knowledge to develop software interface for electronic devices.
- Knowledge to manufacture computer chips.
Scope of Employment
- Telecommunication Engineer in public as well as in private sectors.
- Software Engineer in IT sectors.
- Electronics Circuit Designer
- Optical Transmission Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Engineers in Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, Robotics, Nanotechnology, VLSI etc.
- System Engineer in Embedded Systems.
- Technical Engineer/ Army Officer in Defense.
Major Recruiters of ECE Branch :
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Idea Cellular