FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
FDP’s at VKP are conducted regularly. A FDP is designed to train and develop faculty in personal and professional areas. FDP’s are subject or field oriented.
The aim of FDP’s are:
- To sensitize faculty about assessment techniques and new concepts in teaching.
- To enhance their general awareness on contemporary issues related to their respective field of teaching i.e. technology, management, teaching and fashion designing.
- To develop knowledge and skills required for performing the role of competent and effective teacher and mentor.
- To update their knowledge using latest information and research methodology tools.
- To assist, faculty to obtain competency in communication and behavioral skills.
The programs are conducted by experienced and trained resource person. The Session is completely activity oriented, the issues are discussed in interactive session through discussions, lectures, case studies, simulated exercises, and games.
Effective FDP helps faculties to face challenges ahead. While the training won’t completely prepare faculties for every issue they will face, it can help them feel more confident about many common problems that arise every day.
- Principals Workshop on Challenges of 21st Century Education
- FDP on Self Study Development
- Faculty Induction & Orientation Program on “ Accountability in Professional Teaching”
- Staff Development Program on “Research Issues on Data warehouse Design Methodologies.”
- Faculty Training on CAD-CAM on LECTRA SYSTEM
- Emerging rural markets
- Research Methodologies
- Case Study method of teaching